Monday 30 September 2013

Thoughts regarding this cell structure ...

Below is a sectional close-up of the start of one of my current projects. It's being made in paper, fabric & plastic - NOTE: the image 'section' was photographed purely at random.


I currently have this piece labelled as 'Project:Cell' & whilst researching 'cell structures', I came to the conclusion that a lot of my visual work to date (ie. current projects) appears to have common themes (which also continue into things I like as well as specific art & design interests I have). In fact, I can now see why I've chosen specific images to be uploaded here. With this now in mind, I intend to focus more on just this & see where it (visually) leads me.

To begin this process (& as a note to myself!), I'm looking at the above image & notice it has unintentionally captured what the overall finished design will ultimately depict:
  • intricate patterns (ie. to the left, the distortions in the overlayed pieces of netting)
  • unusual & irregular forms (ie. a mix of angular & curved shapes)
  • illusion of a 'body' (ie. the central shiny panel depicting a female upper torso with one arm up, the other down)
  • an outline or illusion of other forms (eg. to the right, a mask; overall jigsaw patterning)



2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...